Thursday, May 10, 2012

Make Ahead Freezer Teryaki Chicken

So, a few weeks ago, I decided to prepare a bunch of meals, throw them in a ziplock bag, and store them in the freezer. This one was mighty delish. I called Greg this morning (cause I leave the house at 6:50 AM and am gone until 4:45 pm) and had him throw it in the crockpot. It was good, and easy!

Teryaki Chicken
Ingredients:
1 small bag of carrots, chopped
A cup or so of shelled edamame (I just put in enough until it looked good to me)
1 can pineapple chunks (with juice)
4 garlic cloves
1 medium onion, chopped or diced depending on how you like it (I like very small pieces) 
6 chicken tenderloins (probably about 3 big breasts)
1 cup teryaki sauce

What to Do:
1. Put above ingredients into a ziplock bag, and shake it up.
2. On bag write the date, and instructions:
Dump contents into crockpot.
Add 1/4 cup of teyaki sauce in crock pot, then cook on low for 6 hours.

Serve over brown or white rice, and tada! A MEAL! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment