Sunday, August 26, 2012

Oven "Fried" Chimichangas

So, my husband and I have been working hard the last 10 days or so trying to lose weight :) He's lost 7 and I've lost 3 pounds! (Of course he's losing way quicker than me!) So, we've been eating a lot of salads, sandwiches, and whole wheat pasta. Well, we LOVE mexican food. So, I decided to make tacos. Then I thought, "Ok, I make tacos like every week, so let's mix it up!" So, I decided I'd try to make a healthier version of Chimichangas! I looked around the web, and figured out a good recipe I think. Calories per chimichanga: 359

Oven Fried Chimichanga

Ingredients:

3 chicken breasts
1 T dried onion (Or you can use 1/4 of a chopped onion)
2/3 cup salsa
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
2 cloves garlic
1 can of black beans (Drained and rinsed)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
2 T olive oil
Optional Toppings: Fat free sour cream, taco sauce, cheese, tomatoes, jalepenos etc. Get creative! 

What to Do:
1. In a crockpot, put chicken, salsa, onion, cumin, oregano, and garlic and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken. Add sour cream and black beans and mix well.


2. Put mixture into each flour tortilla evenly. Roll them up, and put seam side down on baking sheet.
3. Brush tops of chimichangas with olive oil
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown :)

Enjoy with any toppings you desire! Taco sauce, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, cheese... the possibilities are endless!
We served them with a side salad, and it was a delicious low calorie meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment