Thursday, October 21, 2010

Busy week, easy meal!

My mother was in town, so I didn't get to cook for a few days.
She took us out a lot!
So, I had a busy week this week, and haven't really had time to cook, so decided to be a good wife and cook something up tonight.
This is an EASY, fast recipe, and I had all the ingredients right in the fridge/pantry!

Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts (I used 6 chicken tenders because that is what I had on hand)
slices of ham or turkey sandwich meat
sliced provolone or american or swiss cheese
seasoned bread crumbs (I didn't use more than about a half cup)
1 egg beaten
some butter
toothpicks
salt and pepper to taste

What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400. Put the beaten egg in one bowl, and the bread crumbs in another. Pound chicken until about 1/2 inch thick. Then salt and pepper the chicken.
2. Lay a piece of ham and a piece of cheese across the chicken, and then roll the chicken from one side to the other. Then secure shut with a toothpick.
3. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the seasoned bread crumbs, then put into a dish.
4. Repeat to each chicken breast.
5. When done, put about a teaspoon of butter on top of each chicken breast (on top of the bread crumbs and everything)
6. Cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.

ENJOY! YUMMMMM.

Tips for wannabe chefs: Seriously this is a VERY easy recipe! It's super moist too! If you don't have a meat pounder, just put a piece of saran wrap over the chicken and use your palm. That's what I did!

Sorry I didn't take pictures, I am a slacker today!

No comments:

Post a Comment