Saturday, November 20, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

Last week, Caroline (my bestest friend) gave me the idea to make chicken pot pies. She said she made it and her husband loved it! She explained how she did it, and I followed suit 3 days later. I screwed it up a little, but it was still good! And, I put the leftover insides in the freezer so after the cruise I will be making these again. I know what I did wrong, so no worries!

Chicken Pot Pies
Ingredients:
Chicken breasts
Corn
Onion
Carrots
Potatoes
Chicken Broth (enough to fill the pot of vegies and chicken to cook in)
pre-made pie crust (I accidently bough crescent rolls, and that's why mine didn't work too well)
cream of chicken soup
Some butter

What to do:
1. Boil the chicken and vegies in some chicken broth. (I put in the chicken first because it was frozen, then added the vegies based on time they need to cook. So, carrots and potatoes next, then corn and sliced onion.)
2. When all cooked, drain. Shred chicken and put vegetables and chicken in a bowl and add cream of chicken soup. Mix well.
3. Get pie crust ready and either put it in a big pie pan, or in individual pans (that's what I did). Melt the butter and brush a little on top of the pie crust. Put the empty pie pan (all it has is a layer of pie crust) in the oven for about 8 minutes or until slightly cooked.
4. Take it out, put filling in, then put top pie crust on. Slice some holes in it, just in case it needs to breath :) Cook for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy!
Tips to Wanna-be-Chefs: You can use any kind of vegetables you want. Make it how you like it. I am not a fan of peas, celery, or green beans, so I used the vegies I wanted to!

1 comment:

  1. great job chelsy! I'm going to try this one, my hubby loves these, but the store bought ones just aren't very good. And it seems so simple. I may copy you and put this on my blog too lol Thanks for sharing! I love your food blog. It inspired mine :)

    ReplyDelete