Chicken TostadasIngredients for chicken:
6-8 chicken breasts (frozen works great!)
1 T of chili powder
a squeeze of lemon juice
1 can green enchilada sauce
Other Ingredients for tostadas (use anything you want!):
Tostada shells (just flat corn tortilla chips is what they are)
Refried beans (recipe below)
what to do:
1. Put it all into a crockpot, and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Take chicken out of liquid and shred. Put shredded chicken back into the crockpot and cook another hour. There's your chicken!
2. Spread beans on the shell, put some chicken on top, then top with whatever other toppings you feel like it! SO GOOD!
One can of black beans, rinsed and drained
about a half cup of water
2 large cloves of garlic
2 T olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1 T chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
what to do:
1. Put the black beans, water, garlic, paprika, and chili powder into a small pot on the stove over medium heat.
2. Let it get to a boil, cover and cook about 7-8 minutes
3. Blend or mash it with one of those hand mixers (pictured above) if you don't have one, then mash with a fork!
4. Salt and pepper as much as you want.
5. Put on your tostada!
tips to wanna-be-chefs:
I had never made homemade refried beans before and I just made that recipe up! They turned out wonderful, but you can do whatever seasonings you have available! :)