This was really good! It was SUPER moist, and I substituted a whole bunch of stuff to make it healthier. Lemony, sweet, moist, and delicious. Enjoy!
Healthy Lemon Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 (4 serving) box lemon pudding mix
1/2 cup oil
1 cup applesauce
1 cup water
1 cup powdered sugar
juice from one lemon
what to do:
1. Heat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 cake pan.
2. In a big bowl,throw in cake mix, lemon pudding, oil, eggs, applesauce and water. Blend until no chunks are left. It will be pretty runny, you will be able to pour it out of the bowl.
3. Pour batter into cake pan. Cook for 35 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
4. While it is in the oven make the glaze! Combine the powdered sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice, adding a little juice at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
4. While still hot, poke holes into the cake with a toothpick. Then pour glaze all over the cake and let cool.
5. Serve and enjoy!
tips to wanna-be-chefs: If you don't want to make this healthier version, the real ingredients are 4 eggs and 1 cup of oil, no applesauce. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream! DELISH!