We went to a party at Caroline and Jordan's house on Friday and I told caroline I would bring some kind of chips and dip. So, I decided to whip up some chili con queso seeing as I'm from TX and it's DELICIOUS!!!!
1 block of velveeta cheese (it may be a gross processed cheese, but it makes the BEST queso)
1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies; 10 oz)
2 small cans of diced green chilis (8 oz total)
1 pound breakfast sausage (JIMMY DEAN! I used mild, but you can use hot if you like heat)
1 yellow onion
1. Cut the velveeta cheese into 1-inch blocks and throw into a crockpot
2. Dice the onion, and throw into a skillet along with the sausage and cook until sausage is brown.
3. Throw the cooked onion and sausage into the crockpot along with the cheese.
4. Throw the tomatoes and chilies into the crockpot (juice and all!)
5. Let cook about an hour, but make sure you stir it every 10 or so minutes.
Take to a party in the crockpot to keep it hot! YUM!